EDMESTON PANTHER TRAX SNOWMOBILE CLUB
The club has adopted the same code of ethics as those of the Vermont association of snow travelers.
CODE OF ETHICS
- I will be a good sportsman. I recognize that many people will judge all snowmobile owners by my actions. I will use my influence with other snowmobile owners to promote sportsman like conduct.
- I will maintain clean trails and use areas. I will work to insure clean and pure streams and lakes.
- I will safeguard living trees, shrubs, and other natural features.
- I will respect other people’s property and rights.
- I will lend a helping hand when I see someone in distress.
- I will make myself and my vehicle available to assist search and rescue parties.
- I will respect the rights of hikers, skiers, snowshoers, ice fishermen and other sportsmen. I will respect their right to enjoy our recreational facilities.
- I will energetically strive to bring other winter recreation participants to recognize and respect my rights as a snowmobiler, explaining my needs and, at the same time, listening to their needs.
- I will learn and obey all federal, provincial, state and local rules regulating the operation of snowmobiles in areas where I use my vehicle. I will inform public officials, as required, when using public lands.
- I will not harass wildlife, and will always avoid areas posted for the protection, or feeding of wildlife.
- I will use marked trails, areas, and roads, open to snowmobiles. I will not travel where prohibited.